Thursday, November 10, 2011

Lobsters Pt.1

1/60s
F/4.5
ISO 800
28mm
I was in the mood for some lobster the other day and I wanted to learn how to prepare and buy lobster.  This was going to be a great learning experience for me and so I thought I would share with you as well.  The night before I set out I did some research.  I read up on a few Julia Child's books as well as my personal favorite chef Alton Brown.  I wanted to know how they cooked lobster and get some ideas for making my own special dinner.  I headed out to my local fish market to make some new friends I would also like to thank the guys at Central Market for taking the time out of their day to educate me, I have to add if you go out and don't feel like your getting the help you deserve go somewhere else.  This picture here is L1 and I picked him for his size and attitude, he was a bully to the other guys in the tank so I thought he would taste pretty darn good.  Picking you lobster is a choice to make and I found a great video by Alton to help with that.  I'll be posting more about the lobster adventure soon.  As well as some other great stories...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

You might like